Monday, May 4, 2009

VOLT Restaurant -- Frederick, MD

Foodie Lovers!

If you have not heard/been to/ read about VOLT restaurant in Frederick, Md yet, visit it/the website ASAP! My new favorite chef, Bryan Voltaggio, creates the most delicious meals I have ever eaten. Among an a la carte menu and 5-8 course tastings, Chef Voltaggio offers a 21 course tasting menu at the chef's table that I was recently able to take part in with my twin brother for our birthday. Let me say this, if I had three wishes, I would wish for true love, health and VOLT's 21 course menu for the rest of my life. Chef Voltaggio uses local, sustainable ingredients within the MD region. Some farms he frequents are Summercreek Farm, Cotoctin Mountain orchard, Glade Link, Scienic View Orchard and the Chef's Garden.

Although I won't spoil all of the surprises within the 21 course dinner, I will describe some of my favorite dishes. Ironically, the chef shared his birthday with my twin and I so our meal started off with Chef Voltaggio sharing one of his favorite bottles of champage with us, so we could all enjoy the day.


Then we were served a margarita spiked with CO2 and lined with vanilla and salt on the rim...delicious, gone in 3o seconds or less haha. Some of my favorites were the sweetbreads, served with kalamata olive puree, golden raisins and pepper; pork belly...enough said; caramel apple dessert; morel stuffed with lamb; etc, etc. I really recommend going in to try either one of their "snacks" from the bar menu (tuna tar tar is a favorite of mine!), or one of their a la carte menus.


Chef Voltaggio really stresses the need for using local, sustainable menu items, including his filtered water system, and I couldn't be happier that this trend has caught on in my hometown of Frederick. He can be found cooking at VOLT at the bar TV that shows the inner workings of the kitchen during service, or on Bravo's hit television show, Top Chef! He and his brother compete in Las Vegas for the 10,000 prize. You can find me at the VOLT bar every wednesday cheering on my favorite chef to victory:)




Remember:

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.

*foodie love



No comments:

Post a Comment