Monday, May 4, 2009

Cilantro-Lime Shrimp and Pasta

Foodie Lovers--

Finally able to pay for groceries after rationing the last of my farm fresh eggs and ramen...(I know, I know, the dreaded RAMEN....i AM a college student) I was able to re-up on fresh produce, dairy and bread from the Riverdale, Md farmers market. While in class I was contemplating what to make for my twin brother and I for dinner tonight. He shares my love for food, but cooks like a....you guessed it, college student. I remembered I had some cilantro left from some bruschetta I made and I had fresh shrimp and limes from our favorite house brew...Corona. So, I decided to make a marinade of cilantro, lime, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper and hot sauce. The whole process took me about 20 minutes...easy, delicious and LOCAL!

Cilantro-Lime Marinade

Handful of cilantro (about 3 teaspoons)
2 Garlic Cloves
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 1/2 oz of Olive Oil
10 Thawed cooked shrimp
Few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, or red pepper flakes


Combine first four ingredients into small chopper or food processor (I have a tiny one I got for about $5 at good will!) until smooth. Cover the shrimp with the marinade (to enhance the flavor leave marinated for at least 30 minutes). Saute the marinated shrimp until shrimp curl slightly and turn light pink. Add hot sauce to taste and spoon over pasta, rice, or lettuce for a crisp summer salad. I added some fresh tomatoes and onions for a little color. Enjoy!

I try to make meals out of what I have that day, I literally looked in my fridge, saw the cilantro and limes and said, "Hey, I love those flavors I'll make a sauce out of it." Just experiment with what you have and I'm sure it will turn out deliciously :)

That's all for now,

Remember:

the secret ingredient to the best tasting food is *love*

*foodie love




1 comment:

  1. Yummy, makes me want to go home and make some right away. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete