Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cream of Crab Soup

Seafood foodies --

A couple of nights ago I was really craving a thick, hearty soup.  So I decided to craft my own cream of crab, being a Maryland native and all.  My measurements may not be exact, but add each one to your liking!




Ingredients:

1 1/2 sticks butter
3/4 cup flour
1 quart half and half
1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
2 cups chicken stock
1 can (16 oz) canned crab meat
1 bay leaf
2 tsp. Old Bay
2 tsp. curry powder
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (more if you're like me)
Salt and pepper

Melt butter over medium high heat and add flour to create a roux.  Whisk for two minutes.  Add half and half, milk, and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.  Stir in bay leaf, Old Bay, and curry powder.  Add crab meat and bring back up to a simmer.  Finish with Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.  Top with a sprinkle of Old Bay.  Serve with fresh veggies or bread.  Voila!  Enjoy :)

Remember

"Yum!"  -Meghan O'Neil

*foodie love

No comments:

Post a Comment